The happiest moments of life are best enjoyed with shared laughter and smiles.
However, even the happiest moments may not bring smiles if there are no teeth to flash during them!
At True Dental Care Preston, we want you to enjoy every moment in life with a complete set of pearly whites to match your happiness!
True Dental Care offers durable teeth replacement options including dentures. Read on to learn more about this amazing opportunity for your smile.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a removable tooth replacement option. The are composed of false teeth attached to a plastic called acrylic, or to metal.
What Are The Types Of Dentures?
There are two types of dentures – partial and full dentures.
Partial dentures– this type is recommended for patients who still have remaining natural teeth in their mouth. Partial dentures may be used with dental implants, which serve as the posts to which a bridge is attached.
Full dentures – also known as complete dentures, this type is recommended for those who have very few to no natural teeth left. The upper and lower arches are replaced with the false teeth.
What Are The Benefits Of Dentures?
Dentures are known for their many benefits such as:
- Improved bite and chewing capacity
- Reduced speech problems
- Support of your face, giving it a fuller look
- Protects remaining teeth from further stress by balancing pressure in the mouth (for partial dentures)
- Can be removed for proper cleaning
- Sturdy and with proper care, can last a long time
Care for Dentures
Although dentures are made from sturdy materials, they can still suffer from breakage. This may be due to:
- Improper care and abuse
- Incidental breakage
- Ill-fitting dentures
- Progressive bone loss
To make the most out of your dentures, True Dental Care Preston recommends the following:
- Avoid foods that are hard or sharp. They can leave cracks in your dentures. Refrain from eating sticky foods as well.
- Always keep your dentures moist. Soak them in a denture cleanser or clean tap water when not in use.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your dentures. Brush your gums and tongue as well, to keep your mouth healthy.
- If you see cracks on your dentures, see your dentist right away. Denture repair kits are ineffective and can cause additional damage to your dentures.
Dentures in Preston
At True Dental Care Preston, we want you to freely share your smile with everyone without the fear of ridicule brought on by missing teeth. Our teeth replacement options including dentures are made from durable materials so they can fully function as your natural teeth.
Don’t let your missing teeth prevent you from smiling. Get your dentures today!
Dentures in Preston
Call (03) 9131 5952 or visit us at 358 Bell St in Preston.