There’s nothing like seeing your Mom’s smile lighting up a room.
She’s always been there for you, so you’ll want to get her a thoughtful, unique, and surprising dental gift this Mother’s Day.
And because Mother’s Day is just around the corner, it’s past time to think about what gift would best suit your Mom.
True Dental Care Preston is happy to share a few gift suggestions that will help you let one of your favourite people know how much you love her and how much joy her smile brings you.
#1 Water flosser
A water flosser is great for Moms who don’t like flossing or find it difficult. Pulses of water replace floss. The water flosser is excellent for a Mom with flexibility or mobility issues.
#2 DIY gifts
If you are looking for something thoughtful and inexpensive, it doesn’t take a lot of effort to personalise some store-bought goods into a gift Mom is sure to use and enjoy.
Consider putting together a “dental health basket” stuffed with the dental supplies and tools your Mom finds useful.
You can also get creative and support your Mom’s dental health by making a DIY mouthwash dispenser. The options are endless, as a quick look on the Internet will show.
Mouthwash holders can be created from jars, drink bottles, or anything that can hold liquid. Or, give Mom a mouthwash flask for the road.
#3 Emergency Dental Kit
Travelling or camping can lead to unexpected dental issues, but so can spending time around children, who are prone to injuries of all kinds including dental ones.
Ease that burden for your Mom with a homemade emergency dental kit.
Begin with a reusable, water-resistant bag; add toothpaste and mouthwash, a toothbrush, floss and floss picks, and a small dental mirror. That creates a basic dental kit.
Now, add the things you need to make it an emergency bag:
- Disposable Gloves. Just be sure to choose nitrile rather than latex gloves to avoid allergic reactions.
- Oral Analgesic Gel for topical pain
- OTC painkillers for body or tooth pain.
- Cotton. Stock up on cotton in all its forms.
- Hydrogen peroxide. This can sanitise pretty much anything. Be certain to dilute it with water, so you don’t irritate wounds any further.
- Denture repair kit if your mother has dentures or spends time with people who do.
- Temporary dental filling material can be used to temporarily fill a tooth in which a filling has been lost.
- Bulb Syringe. Filling the syringe with warm salt water or plain water -squirting it can help dislodge particles around the gums.
#4 A bright, white smile!
Your Mom’s smile is one of the first things she presents to the world. Friendships and business partnerships can be made or unmade by smiles.
It is therefore unfortunate if your Mom’s smile reveals yellow or stains instead of a bright glow.
Not to worry, True Dental Care Preston can help. For dazzling teeth, get your Mom teeth whitening at True Dental Care Preston for Mother’s Day. There’s no need for her to hide her smile any longer!
Teeth whitening is proven effective to provide many benefits including:
- Whiter teeth, better-looking smile
- Removal of plaque buildup and persistent stains
- Boosts confidence
Start your Mom’s path towards brighter and dazzling pearly whites at True Dental Care Preston. Take advantage of our teeth whitening options to help your Mom achieve the smile of her dreams.
#5 Cook Mom a dental-healthy meal!
Nothing shows love like cooking. Here are three Mother’s Day dishes that are great tasting and will help protect your Mom’s smile.
- Shiitake Mushroom Chicken with Millet – Coconut oil may have antibacterial effects. Shiitake mushrooms are a known tooth-friendly vegetable. Studies have shown that they contain lentinan – surprisingly this is a sugar that might prevent bacterial growth.
- Three Cheese Green Salad – Calcium, calcium, calcium! Calcium fights periodontal disease and keeps your jaw bone strong.
- Pork Chops Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach –
This pork chop dish is high in protein and low in sugar. Protein contains phosphorous, a key component in improving the strength of your jaw and teeth.
True Dental Care Preston for your Dental Health
The foundation of True Dental Care Preston is a passion for healthy beautiful smiles. Our team is comprised of Australian trained nurses, dentists, and a prosthetist.
We offer general dentistry, restorative dentistry, implants and cosmetic dentistry, and emergency services.
We offer the services through in an advanced facility, with a highly trained staff and cutting-edge technology.
We are near the corner of Donovan St and Bell St, only 25 meters from the Bell Train Station! Our offices are conveniently located on the ground floor.
True Dental Care Preston offers a wide range of treatments, from pain management to implants and Invisalign.
- No gap for preventative treatments (Comprehensive Exam and Clean) with any Health fund *for new patients
- No Health Insurance: $100 Check up and clean for new patients
Call (03) 9131 5952 or visit us at 358 Bell St in Preston.